City of Dublin Police Chaplain and Reverend of New Hope Church to Preside Over Dublin’s Regional Event
- Long-time resident, Reverend, and Chaplain, Steve Norden, will lead Dublin’s Greenest, Grandest St. Patrick’s Day Parade as the 2019 Grand Leprechaun on Saturday, March 16.
- Norden moved to Dublin in 1984 with his wife Jean, and became a founding pastor of New Hope Church in Powell. They have three sons; Billy, Charlie, and Pieter, all graduates of Dublin Scioto High School.
- Steve has served the City of Dublin Police Department as volunteer Chaplain since 1990 and the Federal Bureau of Investigation since 2012. In 2017, the International Conference of Police Chaplains recognized him with the John A. Price Award for Excellence in Law Enforcement Chaplaincy.
- In addition, he has been a champion for Dublin City Schools in multiple capacities, serving on nearly every bond levy committee in recent years. In the fall of 1984, he began serving as the Voice of Dublin Shamrock football and continued in that role for ten years. Since 1995, he has been the voice of Dublin Scioto Irish football.
- In his nomination of Steve, City of Dublin Police Chief, Heinz von Eckartsberg said, “Steve has been, and continues to be a strong and professional advocate for police chaplaincy in the state. I believe that his service to our community through his role as a police chaplain, senior pastor and volunteer with Dublin Schools makes him an ideal candidate for this year’s Grand Leprechaun.”
- For more information and a complete schedule of St. Patrick’s Day festivities in Dublin, visit https://dublinohiousa.gov/events/st-patricks-day-parade/or contact Division of Community Events at 614.410.4545.
- Love a parade? Join the fun and submit a Parade Application today!
- Become a Volunteer! The St. Patrick’s Day Parade wouldn’t be possible without a team of dedicated volunteers.
Talk To Us Directly:
- We can arrange a conversation with an Event spokesperson or our Grand Leprechaun – just ask!
- Visit our FAQ Page for quick tips and information on the City of Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
The City of Dublin will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the Greenest, Grandest Parade on Saturday, March 16, 2019. Dublin’s Irish attitude will be on display as more than 100 units travel from Metro Place through Historic Dublin. After the parade, enjoy Irish entertainment at Dublin’s restaurants and pubs. For more information and a complete schedule, visit https://dublinohiousa.gov/events/st-patricks-day-parade/ or contact Community Events at 614.410.4545.
Mary Jo DiSalvo
City of Dublin
City of Dublin