The Dublin Community Recreation Center (DCRC) Wee Folk Room will reopen at 8:15 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 1. Operating hours will be modified and advance sign-up through the online reservation system will be required. This allows the DCRC to manage capacity numbers and close between groups to thoroughly clean and sanitize the room.
In order to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, set forth by state and local officials as well as CDC recommendations, we will be limiting our capacity. You will see “Advance Sign-up” and “Wee Folk Babysitting Room” under the menu on the Online Registration website. Members or guests can reserve their time slot beginning 48 hours in advance to coincide with the group fitness sign-up process. You may also cancel your reservation online under “My Account” if you change your mind.
Time slots will show up as available (green) 48 hours before. Members or guests must register in advance. If space is available, DCRC staff can register you on site or over the phone. If you have any trouble accessing your account, our staff is available by calling 614.410.4550, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Our team is ready to help walk you through the sign-up process should you need assistance. We recommend you log in to your account today and ensure that all family members are listed. For those with Wee Folk Room punch passes, those have automatically been extended for the 63 days that the room was closed (Nov. 30, 2020 through Jan. 31, 2021).
Operational modifications for the Wee Folk Room include:
- Sign-up online for pre-determined window of time (for contact tracing)
- Reduced capacity and limited toys/furniture
- Closures for cleaning and disinfection
- The Wee Folk Room is separated into three zones, established by existing gates ranging in square footage from approximately 256 sq. ft. (closest to kitchen) to 272 sq. ft. (to the left upon entry) to 600 sq. ft. (main area)
- Siblings, regardless of age, will be kept together within the same Wee Folk Room zone
- The room capacity is set between eight and 12 children per time slot; Staff maintain 1:4 ratio in the room
- Face coverings are required to be worn at all times for children ages 6 and older
- Each child has a storage cubby and zone assigned to them upon check in
- Parents/guardians are asked to wait outside the Wee Folk Room door until they are called into the lobby. Floor markers, spaced 6-feet apart, indicate where each parent/guardian should stand.
- Children must wash their hands upon entering the room, throughout the day, and before leaving the room. Children should practice good hygiene measures such as coughing into their arm and staying home if they are sick.
- Employees are required to wear face coverings at all times and will be assigned to zones for the entirety of the time block. Staff will avoid floating between zones.
- Staff will, to the best of their ability, maintain 6-foot physical distance among children and employees while in the room, restrooms, playground, drop-off and pick-up locations.
Wee Folk Room operating hours and maximum capacities are below. Please note that families can drop off and pick up any time during the time frame, provided the kids do not exceed 2 hours maximum.
*These hours and capacity numbers are dependent on staff availability and are subject to change.
- 8:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. (8 children max)
- 11:15 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. (8 children max)
- 10 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. (8 children max)
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (8 children max)
Entry into the Recreation Center will be controlled, and safety precautions will be enforced including:
- Temperature screenings
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained whenever possible
- Face coverings required
- Hand hygiene
The Dublin Community Recreation Center team is committed to continuing to improve your quality of life by providing a clean and safe environment. Each of our team members and patrons will play an important role in following these new protocols to keep the DCRC’s doors open for everyone’s enjoyment. We thank you in advance for your patience as we test these brand-new systems, make any adjustments, and continue to monitor and assess our ever-changing situation related to COVID-19.
We look forward to seeing you in the Dublin Community Recreation Center Wee Folk Room soon!