Download: Scottish Corners Fitness Concept
The City of Dublin is making improvements to the fitness park at Scottish Corners Park (5952 Sells Mill Dr.). The City is asking residents to weigh in on the design prior to construction.
The existing fitness area at Scottish Corners Park is scheduled to be replaced for worn and aging equipment. It will be renovated to include all new equipment along with a synthetic surface for shock absorption and soften falls.
The proposed design includes:
- The Combi 2 is a compact and complete street workout combination featuring an incline bench, push-up bar, decline press, horizontal ladder, and pull-up station. The Combi 2 is suitable for everyone from beginners to pros, with cleverly placed bars to easily adjust difficulty levels and clean workout space for advanced training.
- The Bench provides the perfect training for core and lower back muscles by doing exercises such as leg lifts and sit-ups.
- The Pull-Up Bar is made from solid steel and has a diameter of 1.26 inches.
- This is the ideal size for both men and women to have a good grip.
- As the Bar hangs at a height of 7′ 8″ everyone will be able to hang freely and use the bar for a variety of pull-ups.
- Street workout is a physical activity that symbolizes the freedom of movement and encourages socializing. It is a combination of athletics, calisthenics and other sports, and mostly performed in the public space.
- A Parallel Bar can be found on every street workout area to train the upper body and core stability. The rounded corners make it easy to swing your legs across the Parallel Bars, making it safe to try new tricks without the risk of injuries.
Step, 16 inches
- The surface is perfect for optimal grip during jumping and step on step off exercises under all weather circumstances.
Residents are encouraged to review the fitness park renderings and provide their feedback on this project. Please fill out the comment box below by Monday, Nov. 15, 2021.