With more and more people shopping online, Dublin Police reminds residents to take steps to prevent package theft.
Each holiday season, Dublin Police takes at least a few reports about packages stolen from porches. Here are a few things you can do to keep from becoming a target.
Holiday Package Safety Tips
- Only shop from trusted sources.
- Have purchases delivered to a location where someone will be available to receive them, such as your workplace, a friend’s home or a FedEx or UPS location.
- Request notifications on your shipments to track them.
- Always require a signature on your deliveries to prevent them from being left unattended.
- Schedule your delivery for a time when you will be home.
- Set up a vacation hold if you are traveling.
- Remove packages from your driveway/front porch as soon as it is delivered.
- If you find your package has been stolen, contact the Dublin Police Department and report it right away. Call the non-emergency number: 614.889.1112.