“Time flies when you’re having fun.” — Albert Einstein
Recreation & Leisure Opportunities for Adults Ages 18 & Older
Continue to learn, value time, and enrich yourself—mind, body and soul. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a monthly e-newsletter for adult program opportunities.
Enrich at the DCRC…Through the Arts
Intro to Improv: Have you ever wanted to learn the craft of improvisation? Learn the fundamentals of improvisational comedy, improve your storytelling skills, and hone techniques to think quickly on your feet and be more creative. This program is open to anyone with or without experience.
- Register now: Sundays | Sept. 19 – Oct. 17 | 4-5:30 p.m. | 18 years & up
Meditative Art: Take a break on Sunday and join us for Meditative Art! Relax your mind and increase your ability to focus while completing art projects with a variety of art mediums. Each month allows for a new artistic discovery.
- Register now: Sundays | Oct. 17 – 24, Nov. 14 – 21, Dec. 12 – 19 | 2:30-4:30 p.m. | 18 years & up
Fabric Art – Japanese Bags: Explore and learn about Japanese culture while creating two traditional fabric bags through hand sewing and Sashiko stitching.
- Register now: Mondays | Nov. 8 – 29 | 6-8 p.m. | 18 years & up
Stained Glass: Create your own stained-glass projects. Learn to cut glass, use copper foil and perform finishing techniques. Participants work with window glass and stained glass. Great program for upcoming holiday gift giving!
- Register now: Wednesdays | Sept. 22 – Nov. 3 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | 18 years & up
Adult Beginner Ceramics: A beginner level, instructor-led program involving skill development to build ceramic works by hand. Techniques in decoration, glazing, and kiln firing also included.
- Register now: Tuesdays | Sept. 14 – Oct. 19 and Nov. 2 – Dec. 14 | 6-8:30 p.m. | 18 years & up
Adult Intermediate Ceramics: Join Stacey for an intermediate level ceramics program for participants seeking to take their experience to the next level. Utilizing both hand building and wheel throwing techniques through instructor-led classes expand your skills to create ceramic pieces that may be both functional and sculptural.
- Register now: Thursdays | Sept. 16 – Oct. 28 and Nov. 11 – Dec. 16 | 6-8:30 p.m. | 18 years & up
Ceramics Pit Firing Workshop: Learn one of the original firing processes in ceramics. Participants should bring their own bisque ware ceramic work for this workshop.
- Register now: Sunday | Oct. 24 | 9 a.m.-noon | 21 years & up
Embroidery Around the World: Join us to explore patterns and techniques from different countries to create a colorful piece of needlepoint art to display. Each session provides a new opportunity to grow your embroidery skillset.
- Register now: Tuesdays | Oct. 5 – 12 and Dec. 7–14 | 6-8 p.m. | 18 years & up
DIY Halloween Wine Glasses: Hocus Pocus, who needs wine to focus?! Join us to create your own wine glass craft to get into the Halloween spirit. Select between several paint designs or design your own.
- Register now: Thursday | Oct. 21 | 6-7 p.m. | 21 years & up
Fall Harvest Pinterest Party: Join us for an hour of stress-free, Pinterest fun creating cinnamon stick candles and no-sew burlap pumpkins to adorn your holiday tables. Bring a friend and enjoy a little homemade harvest happiness!
- Register now: Thursday | Nov. 18 | 6-7 p.m. | 18 years & up
Holiday Ephemera Ornaments: Design vintage-inspired paper craft ornaments for holiday decorations and gift giving, utilizing a variety of mixed-media materials and recycled old holiday cards. Participants may bring their own cards to add a memorable touch to their project.
- Register now: Saturday | Dec. 11 | 1-3:30 p.m. | 18 years & up
Enrich at the DCRC…Through Special Interests
Photography Basics: Learn to use your camera creatively through a basic photography program led by Jeff Sagar. Receive information on camera gear, camera settings and shooting tips and techniques to create amazing images.
- Register now: Thursday | Oct. 7 or Nov. 11 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | 18 years & up
Landscape Photography Composition: This program develops learning to “see” photographically and covers the basics of landscape composition, including the “rule of thirds,” leading lines, framing, and more.
- Register now: Thursday | Dec. 2 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | 18 years & up
Guided ESL Conversations: Join us for a guided learning conversation to build your vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation of the English language.
- Register now: Mondays | Nov. 15 – Dec. 13 | 10:30-11:30 a.m. | 18 years & up
Meal Masters: Cooking classes are back in session! Each month, Hannah provides hands-on culinary programs that focus on healthful and delicious seasonal recipes.
- Register now: Monday | Oct. 4, Nov. 11 or Dec. 6 | 6:30-8 p.m. | 18 years & up
Dining with the RD: Join Hannah Sacchini, Registered Dietitian, for a four-week wellness session on nutrition and cooking for your health. Each week includes culinary skills presentation, group discussion, and a quick cooking demonstration by Hannah.
- Register now: Mondays | Nov. 8 – 29 | 6:45-7:45 p.m. | 18 years & up
Enrich at the DCRC…Through Active Movement
Hoopfitness – Movement with a Twist: This high-energy, active program is an amazing way to express yourself, move your body, and feel free! Give Tasya 5 minutes and she WILL have you hula hooping! Register for fall session and be entered for a chance to win a free custom hoop!
- Register now: Thursdays | Nov. 4 – Dec. 9 | 5:30-6:25 p.m. | 18 years & up
LaBlast® Dance Fitness: Enjoy this 45-minute Zumba style ballroom dance and fitness session led by Brittany Vance with the Crystal Ballroom Dance Center.
- Register now: Saturdays | Nov. 6 – Dec. 18 | 9:30-10:15 a.m. | 18 years & up
Ballroom Basics: Join Cedric Eaton from the Crystal Ballroom Dance Center to learn the basics of six ballroom dances. This program is designed specifically for individuals with regular partner rotations so you develop skills in leading, following and social dance etiquette.
- Register now: Wednesdays | Sept. 29 – Nov. 3 and Nov. 10 – Dec. 15 | 7-8 p.m. | 18 years & up
Couples Ballroom: Join Cedric Eaton from the Crystal Ballroom Dance Center to learn the basics of six ballroom dances. This program is designed specifically for couples to develop skills in leading, following and social dance etiquette.
- Register now: Wednesdays | Sept. 29 – Nov. 3 and Nov. 10 – Dec.. 15 | 8:15-9:15 p.m. | 18 years & up
Adult Irish Dance: Learn how to Irish Dance in this beginner paced program, perfect for those with little to no dance experience.
- Register now: Tuesdays | Sept. 28 – Nov. 9 | 6:45-7:45 p.m. | 18 years & up
Explore Your Parks…Through Outdoor Excursions
Progressive Tour – History of Dublin: Progress through three of Dublin’s historic sites in this unique ‘around the town’ experience that provides cool history details, hands-on learning, as well as a quick dining break in the Historic Dublin area. Fee includes transportation, activity and snacks while traveling to our destinations. Participants will need to bring money for dining. Transportation provided by the Dublin Recreation Services DiRECt van.
- Register now: Tuesday | Oct. 26 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | 18 years & up
- Register now: Tuesday | Oct. 26 | 5-7 p.m. | 18 years & up
Progressive Tour – Art of Dublin: In this unique ‘around the town’ experience, progress through Dublin to experience the ARTS with cool history details, hands-on learning, as well as a quick dining break in the Historic Dublin area. Fee includes transportation, activity and snacks while traveling to our destinations. Participants will need to bring money for dining. Transportation provided by the Dublin Recreation Services DiRECt van.
- Register now: Tuesday | Nov. 9 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | 18 years & up
- Register now: Tuesday | Nov. 9 | 5-7 p.m. | 18 years & up
Fall Hike Series: Ready to get outdoors this fall and explore YOUR Dublin Parks? Join Barbara Ray each month for fun, fitness, and fellowship during a 2-3 mile hike at one of Dublin’s community area parks (weather permitting).
- Register now: Saturday | Oct. 9 or Nov. 13 | 10-11 a.m. | 18 years & up
Twilight Trek: Join Barbara Ray for an evening hike through M.L. ‘Red’ Trabue Nature Reserve to explore, learn and actively experience sights and sounds of nature you not normally noticed during the daytime.
- Register now: Thursday | Sept. 23 | 7-8 p.m. | 18 years & up
Harvest Moon Hike: Join Barbara Ray for an evening hike under the Harvest Full Moon through M.L. ‘Red’ Trabue Nature Reserve. Explore, learn and discuss moon myths and legends as we walk the trail and discover nighttime creatures that make their homes here during the Autumnal Equinox.
- Register now: Wednesday | Oct. 20 | 8-9 p.m. | 18 years & up
Turkey Hunt 2021: The turkeys are on the loose in Darree Fields and we need your help finding them! Once you locate the goofy gobblers, write down their names and submit for your chance to win a special holiday treat. One entry per household please. Must register to receive a prize. Winners announced Dec. 3.
- Register now: Nov. 1-30 | All ages welcome!
Holiday Park Hunt: There are 24 holiday elves hard at work in Coffman Park. Seek them out, unscramble the word at each workshop station to reveal what special gift they are making, and write down your answers. Submit for a chance to win a special holiday prize. One entry per household please. Must register to receive a prize. Winners announced Dec. 28.
- Register now: Dec. 1-23 | All ages welcome!
Virtual opportunities meet online. Registered participants receive an online link to connect prior to the program start.
Japanese Language Training 1: A beginner level course for language learning offered by Snowy Tree Japanese Translation & Education Collaboration LLC. This virtual connections course includes a structured framework focused on clear learning objectives, consistent content and the opportunity to acquire, develop and refine applicable skills.
- Register now: Tuesdays | Nov. 2 – 30 | 5:50-7 p.m. | 18 years & up
Japanese Language Training 2: The next level series for language learning offered by Snowy Tree Japanese Translation & Education Collaboration LLC. Participant pronunciation, utilization of learned grammatical content, and increased fluency in the language are the primary focus for this level.
- Register now: Tuesdays | Nov. 2 – 30 | 7:30-8:40 p.m. | 18 years & up
Personal Safety for Women: Join Dublin Police for a self-defense program for women ages 16 and older. The 3-hour course includes classroom-style presentations and hands-on exercises to practice basic self-defense techniques. Wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. All participants receive a personal alarm device at the end of the program.
- Register now: Thursdays | Oct. 7 or Nov. 4 | 6-9 p.m. | 16 years & up
Until Help Arrives: If you are ever involved in or witness a traumatic accident, do you know what to do until first responders arrive? This program includes lecture, demonstrations and hands-on skills practice. Free to participate with advanced registration and geared for anyone 13* years of age and up. *Parent/guardian must attend and register with any child 13-16 years of age.
- Register now: Sept. 21 class will reschedule for a later date.