Complete List of Activities & Events
Amazing Athletes P.E: Amazing Athletes P.E. promotes skill-based learning and non-competitive play so that each athlete has the confidence to learn and engage. This fully interactive virtual P.E. class, meets once a week through Zoom. Activity lessons are designed to play in small spaces – a 5X5ft area is all you need! No equipment needed!
- Register Now: Oct. 29 | Thursday | 4:30-5:30 p.m. | Ages 7-12
Gingerbread Creations: Join us to decorate a gingerbread house with your family. This program is suitable for families with children 12 years of age and younger. Registration is per child – families receive one house and materials to decorate per registration.
- Register Now: Dec. 5 | Saturday | 11:00-12:00 p.m. | Ages 12 & under
- Register Now: Dec. 5 | Saturday | 1:00-2:00 p.m. | Ages 12 & under
Soccer Shots Mini: Soccer Shots Mini is a high-energy program introducing children to fundamental soccer principles, such as using your feet, dribbling, and the basic rules of the game. Over the course of the session children learn basic soccer skills in a fun, non-competitive environment. An optional sports jersey is available for purchase – fees payable directly to Soccer Shots staff after the first class. Soccer Shots will be utilizing outdoor facility space, weather permitting.
- Register Now: Nov. 5 – Dec. 17 | Thursdays | 5-5:30 p.m. | Ages 2-3.5
- Register Now: Nov. 7 – Dec. 19 | Saturdays | 10:45-11:15 a.m. | Ages 2-3.5
- Register Now: Nov. 7 – Dec. 19 | Saturdays | 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. | Ages 2-3.5
Soccer Shots Classic: Soccer Shots Classic utilizes creative and imaginative games to focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing, and shooting. Over the course of the session children learn basic soccer skills in a fun, noncompetitive environment, as well as positive character traits including respect, teamwork, and appreciation. An optional sports jersey is available for purchase – fees payable directly to Soccer Shots staff after the first class.
- Register Now: Nov. 7 – Dec. 19 | Saturdays | 10-10:30 a.m. | Ages 3.5-5
- Register Now: Nov. 5 – Dec. 17 | Thursdays | 5:45-6:15 p.m. | Ages 3.5-5
- Register Now: Nov. 5 – Dec. 17 | Thursdays | 6:30-7 p.m. | Ages 3.5-5
Preschool Sports: Young children are introduced to athletic movements including kicking, throwing, catching, rolling, and running in this fun Bally Sports program. Weekly instruction includes relay races, partner games, and more!
- Register Now: Oct. 21 – Nov 18 | Wednesdays | 10:30-11:15 a.m. | Ages 2-3
Little Ballers: Learn the fundamentals of dribbling, shooting, passing, rebounding and the concept of game play in this fun, age-appropriate sports program perfect for first time basketball players. Each week includes developmental instruction and modified recreation game play.
- Register Now: Nov. 7 – Dec. 12 | Saturdays | 10:45-11:45 a.m. | Ages 4-6
- Register Now: Nov. 7 – Dec. 12 | Saturdays | 12:00-1:00 p.m. | Ages 4-6
Family Clay: Join us for a family clay class where you have a chance to work side by side with your child. Learn basic hand-building and glazing techniques. Each class includes a demonstration followed by the opportunity for hands-on practice with additional assistance available.
- Register Now: Nov. 1 – Dec. 6 | Sundays | 1:00-2:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
- Register Now: Nov. 1 – Dec. 6 | Sundays | 2:45-4:15 p.m. | Ages 6-12
Ceramics 1: Learn three basic hand-building techniques and proper glazing methods to create ceramic pieces based on personal interests utilizing low fire clay and glazes (non-functional pieces). Each class includes a demonstration followed by the opportunity for hands-on practice with additional assistance, as needed. Develop individual creative processes and personal expressions through this engaging art form.
- Register Now: Nov. 3 – Dec. 15 | Tuesdays | 4:30-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
Ceramics 2: Take the basics of ceramic hand-building to the next level! This projects-based class is designed to expand on the knowledge gained from Intro to Ceramics, and includes an opportunity to learn wheel-throwing ceramic techniques.
- Register Now: Nov. 5 – Dec. 17 | Thursdays | 4:30-5:30 p.m. | Ages 8-14
Photography Club: Learn to create interesting digital images while exploring the basic properties of using a camera for photographic and compositional creations. Each week we discover camera functions including aperture, shutter, ISO, focus and more.
- Register Now: Sep. 17 – Oct. 29 | Thursdays | 4:30-5:30 p.m. | Ages 8-14
I See, I Wonder Hike: Explore objects and living things in nature with the City’s Nature Education Coordinator. Share discoveries in nature through this mini “independent study” type of hike. Each pair (child and an adult assisting) will work in their own space of this “open space hike” and then share the key parts of their adventure with the group. Enjoy time outside with nature while practicing safe distancing.
- Register Now: Dec. 10 | Thursday | 4:30-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
Coffman Park Micro Hike: A Micro Hike is a unique way to discover how small creatures live in the forest or field. Participants use their imaginations to see how they might live if they were those animals.
- Register Now: Nov. 10 | Tuesdays | 4:30-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
Art Barn Escape Room: Discover clues, solve puzzles, and accomplish tasks within the confines of the Coffman Park Art Barn before the 45-minute time limit runs out. Each escape session is set up for 10 participants, so please only register for one session time. Do you think you have what it takes to escape the Art Barn Escape Room?
- Register Now: Oct. 23 | Friday | 6:00-6:45 p.m. | Ages 8-10
- Register Now: Oct. 23 | Friday | 7:00-7:45 p.m. | Ages 10-12
- Register Now: Oct. 23 | Friday | 8:00-8:45 p.m. | Ages 12-14
Family Holiday Movie Night: Join us for a family movie night! Families who anticipate watching The Grinch and The Santa Clause each holiday season will love this opportunity to see the movies on the big screen in the Abbey Theater. We provide the movie, the popcorn, and the chance to meet Mr. & Mrs. Claus!
- Register Now: Dec. 15 | Tuesday | 6:00-8:30 p.m. | All ages
- Register Now: Dec. 16 | Wednesday | 6:00-8:30 p.m. | All ages
STEM & Play: Golf Class: This program combines strategic STEM-based activities with traditional Skyhawks golf instruction and a focus on life skills such as teamwork and sportsmanship. The STEM Sports® curriculum gives students the opportunity to get behind the sports they love with modules centered around technology, science and innovation. Subjects include golf ball design, calculating distances and angles, velocity, acceleration and much more! Participants will learn the fundamentals of swinging, putting, body positioning, etiquette and keeping score. Skyhawks puts the Sports in STEM.
- Register Now: Oct. 27 – Nov. 24 | Tuesdays | 4:30-6:00 p.m. | Ages 8-12
Skyhawks Beginning Golf Class: Participants will learn the fundamentals of swinging, putting, body positioning, etiquette and keeping score. The program is specifically designed for the entry-level player, simplifying instruction so that young players can make an easy and effective transition onto the golf course.
- Register Now: Oct. 22 – Nov. 19 | Thursdays | 4:30-6:00 p.m. | Ages 5-7
Learn to Volley: Have a great time learning the sport of volleyball with Bally Sports Group staff! Build skills in the sport through development of passing, setting, blocking, and serving. Each week includes modified games that help players learn spacing on the court, communication with teammates, and moving to the ball. Open to both new and skilled players.
- Register Now: Nov. 5 – Dec. 17 | Thursdays | 5:00-6:00 p.m. | Ages 8-12
Shooting Stars: Learn the fundamentals of basketball with Bally Sports Group. Each week incorporates instruction on the fundamentals of dribbling, shooting, passing, rebounding, defense, and the concept of game play. Build an understanding of the skills by utilizing fun terminology and engaging activities. Open to both new and skilled players.
- Register Now: Nov. 7 – Dec. 19 | Saturdays | 1:15-2:10 p.m. | Ages 7-8
- Register Now: Nov. 7 – Dec. 19 | Saturdays | 2:30-3:25 p.m. | Ages 9-11
School’s Out: Schools Out participants stay actively engaged in games, crafts, and nature/science exploration, with specialized activities and guest speakers scheduled from noon – 2 p.m. each session. Outdoor play is possible (weather permitting). Bring a nut-free lunch and be prepared for a day of fun and play! Participants do not swim during this program. A 2020 online health care form is required to participate.
- Register Now: Nov. 3 | Tuesday | 8:00-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
- Register Now: Nov. 25 | Wednesday | 8:00-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
Holiday Camp: Spend some of your holiday time off this season with us at Holiday Camp. Stay actively engaged in games, crafts, and nature/science exploration. Specialized activities are planned each day from noon – 2 p.m. Bring a nut-free lunch and be prepared for a day of fun and play! In lieu of an outside field trip, special guests are scheduled to bring the fun to the campers. Outdoor play is possible (weather permitting). Participants do not swim during this program. A 2020 online health care form is required to participate.
- Register Now: Dec. 21 | Monday | 8:00-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
- Register Now: Dec. 22 | Tuesday | 8:00-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
- Register Now: Dec. 23 | Wednesday | 8:00-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
- Register Now: Dec. 28 | Monday | 8:00-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
- Register Now: Dec. 29 | Tuesday | 8:00-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
- Register Now: Dec. 30 | Wednesday | 8:00-5:30 p.m. | Ages 6-12
Preschool/Youth Programming Team
- Kevin Lacey, Recreation Program Supervisor, 614.410.4552, email@example.com
- Rachel Keitz, Recreation Program Coordinator, 614.410.4575, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tammy Abel, Program Specialist, 614.410.4573, email@example.com
Preschool/Youth Program Updates Mailing List
If you would like to receive monthly e-mail updates on preschool/youth programs, please join our e-mail mailing list. Contact Rachel Keitz at 614.410.4575, or firstname.lastname@example.org to add your address to the list.
All of our preschool/youth programs can now be evaluated by logging on and providing us meaningful feedback without the hassle of filling out and mailing back a paper survey. We love to hear from you so make sure to log on and let us know how we are doing: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KPH2R5C
If you’re available one day per week between 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., our preschool classes need volunteers to help make programming possible. Days and opportunities vary. Email Shannon at email@example.com if you can help.
Parks & Recreation Services promotes an inclusive policy for all of our programs. To provide the best overall experience for your child or to carry over IEP accommodations, an appointment must be made for an inquiry of needs. Contact Jodi Shealy, Adaptive Recreation Coordinator, at 614.410.4574. An accommodation plan MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO your child’s program or camp registration. This plan is required for each seasonal enrollment.