Recycling and trash are collected on Wednesdays. Collection can occur any time between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. The schedule may change during a holiday week. See the Holiday Schedule for exact weeks. Please note: yard waste is collected on Mondays.
The City provides each Dublin household with a recycling container. All recyclable materials can be placed in the same container without being sorted. If you experience missed collection or any other service issues including the repair or replacement of a City-issued blue recycling bin, please click here to make a service request or call Streets and Utilities at 614.410.4750.
If you experience missed collection or any other service issues please report this online or contact the Dublin Service Center at 614.410.4750 the morning after the scheduled collection.
The City of Dublin pays for refuse, recycling and yard waste collection for residents. However, there are other things residents can do to help the City keep costs down while providing quality service:
- The City of Dublin receives a collection discount for adults 60+. If you are 60 years of age or older and the head of the household, contact Streets & Utilities at 614.410.4750 to help the City ensure an accurate count for this discount.
- If you will be away from your home for three or more months please contact the City so solid waste collection services can be temporarily discontinued and the City will not be charged for collection at your house.
- The City provides a blue recycling bin. Residents provide their own containers for waste collection. Occasionally, wind may blow recycling or trash out of the containers and into the neighborhood streets and yards. Please help keep Dublin a beautiful community by picking up trash and disposing of it properly.
- If a City-provided recycling container gets damaged, residents need to call the service center to schedule a repair at 614.410.4750. City staff will respond and determine whether the container can be repaired or should be replaced.
- The blue recycling containers are property of the City of Dublin. When a resident moves from the home, the container stays with the home.
Trash and Recycling Bins
Trash and recycle bins should be removed promptly after pick-up and kept indoors where possible. If kept outdoors, they must be properly screened from view. If you are in doubt as to what screening may be needed contact us at 614.410.4600 for assistance.