The 2018 Citizen U class has filled, but please feel free to apply to be put on a waitlist.
Dublin residents are invited to get an inside look at the dedicated effort it takes to maintain Dublin’s world-class services, entrepreneurial spirit and outstanding quality of life with Citizen U. Participants age 18 and over will learn about all aspects of the City of Dublin’s operations with a series of classes this spring.
City staff will lead nine separate classes focusing on everything from form of government to parks and street maintenance, planning and engineering to public engagement, economic development to recreation and wellness. Participants will leave the experience with an improved understanding of Dublin’s government operations and the talent it demands of its public servants, as well as a sense of their own civic engagement responsibilities as residents.
- Citizen U participants must be a resident of the City of Dublin and an adult (at least age 18)
- Attendance at all courses is required for completion of the Citizen U Academy
- Dinner will be provided at all sessions
- An application is required for participation
- There is no course fee to participate in Citizen U
- Questions may be directed to Christine Nardecchia at 614-410-4406 or Nick Plouck at 614.410.4456
Session Dates – Spring 2018
All classes are from 6 – 9 p.m.
Class 1: Thursday, March 22, 2018
Overview, City Manager’s Office, Form of Government
Class 2: Thursday, March 29, 2018
Class 3: Thursday, April 5, 2018
Human Resources and Information Technology
Class 4: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Planning and Engineering
Class 5: Thursday, April 19, 2018
Streets & Utilities, Facilities, Fleet Management and Sign Shop
Class 6: Thursday, April 26, 2018
Class 7: Thursday, May 3, 2018
Parks and Recreation
Class 8: Thursday, May 10, 2018
Community Events, Volunteer Resources
Class 9: Thursday, May 17, 2018
Geo Tour and Dinner
Monday, May 21, 2018:
Special Presentation: Dublin City Council Meeting