The City has a curb to curb snow removal policy. All public streets within Dublin receive snow removal service according to the following priorities:
- Primary Streets – major arteries, streets with dangerous hills or curves are plowed first. These streets will continue to receive treatment as long as weather conditions continue. Blowing snow and freezing roads once snow has thawed can require continued treatment.
- Secondary Streets – main roads through subdivisions, streets connecting two or more primary streets. These streets will be plowed and salted once primary streets have received treatment
- All other streets, courts, cul-de-sacs and alleys will be serviced once primary and secondary streets are cleared.
Residents can assist the snow plowing process in several ways:
- Do not shovel or plow snow into City streets.
- Do not shovel or plow snow into driveway aprons.
- Do not shovel or plow snow around fire hydrants or mailboxes.
- Keep distance from the snow plows.
- Keep children away from snow plows
- Remove parked cars from the street.
- Do not attempt to pass a snow plow.
Residents are required to keep their sidewalks, curbs and gutters in repair and free of snow, ice, debris and obstructions. Depositing snow or ice on any public sidewalk, street, bike path, road or highway is not permitted.
For seasonal information on snow and ice removal, call 614.410.4750.
In accordance with Ohio law, the City of Dublin recognizes the following snow emergency classifications as issued by Franklin, Delaware and Union counties:
- Level 1 – Conditions are hazardous, motorists should drive carefully.
- Level 2 – Motorists should drive only when necessary
- Level 3 – Roads are closed to non-emergency travel. Police may arrest motorists who are on the road unnecessarily.
During a snow emergency, snow removal information can be obtained by calling Streets and Utilities at 614.410.4750.