As part of a proud local democracy, the City of Dublin’s City Council appoints community volunteers to serve as members of the City’s various boards, commissions, committees and task forces. These volunteer groups are a large portion of the support system for the City government.
All of the City’s boards, commissions and committees play a critical role in public policy development, implementation and review for Dublin City Council. These groups serve an important function in molding decisions for the community by serving as the voice of residents.
On Monday, April 10, the City held a swearing-in ceremony for 22 new community members called to serve on 10 boards, commissions and committees. They are:
- Architectural Review Board: Martha Cooper
- Board of Zoning Appeals: Dan Garvin and Joel Kretz
- Bridge Park New Community Authority: Sheri Tackett (citizen representative)
- Chief’s Advisory Committee: Kimberly Hollie, Susan Ortega, Alex O’Ryan
- Community Inclusion Advisory Committee: Katawi Cato, Michael Haynes, Peggy Kilty, Niki Lombardo, Isao Shoji and Max Xu
- Community Services Advisory Commission: Hong Qiu, Jessica Tobias and Vicki von Sadovszky
- Planning and Zoning Commission: Rebecca Call
- Personnel Board of Review: Lauren Hunter
- Records Commission: David Walsh
- Veterans Committee: Roger Ansel, Stephen Dickman and Tim Hansley
The City also recognized five community members whose service terms have ended:
- Bob Bowers – Personnel Board of Review
- Kathy Eberhart – Records Commission
- Dee Kanonchoff – Community Services Advisory Commission
- Charles Krumholtz – Veterans Committee
- A.C. Strip – Bridge Park New Community Authority
Our thanks and appreciation to all our citizen volunteers who are called to serve. Service on a board, commission or committee is an excellent way for citizens to become involved in the operation of local government and to contribute to Dublin’s quality of life. For information about the City of Dublin’s boards, commissions and committees, including membership qualifications or requirements, visit fuelthefuture.dublinohiousa.gov.
Public Affairs Officer