See you next year – Thursday, December 5, 2019
Check out Photos from the 2018 Event
History of Dublin’s Tree Lighting Ceremony
The City’s history of lighting a Christmas tree has evolved over the past 30+ years, from the Dublin Women’s Club Tree Lighting Ceremony that began years ago in Historic Dublin.
- Early 1990s: Tree lighting ceremony moves from Historic Dublin to City Hall and incorporates local entertainment and photos with Santa
- 1997: Ceremony moves to Coffman Park near the Dublin Community Recreation Center
- 2000: Event is renamed Holly Days and moves within Coffman Park near the pavilion as a result of the DCRC Phase II expansion
- 2004: Ceremony moves back to Historic Dublin on an empty lot at the northwest corner of Bridge and High Streets
- 2008: Event moves to Dublin City School property at 62 W. Bridge St. using an established tree
- 2012: The tree in front of 62 W. Bridge St. is destroyed in the derecho. To replace it, a tree is planted in front of Indian Run Elementary School specifically for the tree lighting event.
- 2017: Tree lighting moves back to Coffman Park due to declining health of tree and parking issues