Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony – Thursday, November 29, 2018
- The City of Dublin will mark the official start of the 2018 holiday season by hosting its annual Tree Lighting Ceremony on Thursday, November 29, from 5 – 7 p.m. The event takes place at Coffman Park, 5200 Emerald Parkway.
- Residents will enjoy seasonal activities and entertainment in the Park including caroling, dance performances, roaming holiday stilt walkers, ice sculpting, character appearances, letters to Santa, and more.
- New in 2018, guests may enjoy “Movies on the Barn” at Coffman Barn featuring holiday favorites like Frosty the Snowman and Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Letters may be written to Santa himself and mailed on-site at the West Shelter House, or bring a letter from home to send.
- Don’t miss Santa’s reindeer at the Reindeer Rest Stop at Coffman Barn or a visit from Santa himself as he arrives on a horse-drawn sleigh with Mrs. Claus. Santa will officially light the tree at 6:40 p.m. and he and Mrs. Claus will be on-hand for pictures after the tree is lit.
- Guests may enjoy strolling down luminary lanes and stopping at three holiday themed official Photo Stops throughout the park: Reindeer Rest Stop at Coffman Barn, Elves’ Mill, and Garland Gateway at Founders’ Bridge.
- The Dublin Historical Society will showcase a “Victorian Christmas” in the Fletcher Coffman House and Homestead. The barn will feature a gaily-decorated sleigh providing the perfect photo backdrop.
- The Washington Township Fire Department will be on-site near the West Shelter House taking donations of new or unused toys benefitting Toys for Tots.
- Holiday refreshments will be available for purchase, including hot chocolate and other food items from Donatos Pizza, Chick Fil-A, and Mauger’s Mini Donuts.
- Event parking is located at Coffman Park, Dublin Community Recreation Center, 5600 Post Road and the Southwest Field, 6670 Commerce Parkway.
Check out Photos from the 2017 Event