Weather Outlets: Intellicast.com | weather.com | National Weather Service
The City has a curb to curb snow removal policy. Dangerous hills, curves, and bridges are monitored and treated as necessary throughout an event. All public streets within Dublin receive snow removal service according to the following priorities that have been established based on traffic volumes and speeds:
Major arteries are plowed first. These streets will continue to receive treatment as long as weather conditions continue. Blowing snow and freezing roads once snow has thawed can require continued treatment.
Main roads through subdivisions, streets connecting two or more priority 1 streets. These streets will be plowed and salted once priority 1 streets have received treatment.
Residential streets, courts, cul-de-sacs and alleys will be serviced once priority 1 and priority 2 streets are cleared.
Paths that have been determined high-traffic routes for schools are cleared first, followed by paths used for recreational use. To view a map of paths, parking lots and sidewalks prioritized for snow removal, visit Dubscovery.
Not treated by City of Dublin
Private residential and commercial streets and sidewalks as well as streets in other jurisdictions.
Residents can assist the snow plowing process in several ways:
- Do not shovel or plow snow into City streets.
- Do not shovel or plow snow into driveway aprons.
- Do not shovel or plow snow around fire hydrants or mailboxes.
- Keep distance from the snow plows.
- Keep children away from snow plows
- Remove parked cars from the street.
- Do not attempt to pass a snow plow.
Residents are required to keep their sidewalks, curbs and gutters in repair and free of snow, ice, debris and obstructions. Depositing snow or ice on any public sidewalk, street, bike path, road or highway is not permitted.
When shoveling a driveway, place as much snow as possible from the driveway apron on the “downstream” side (left side of apron as you are standing at the street looking up the driveway). This reduces the amount of snow that the plow will catch and push back into the driveway apron as it passes.
For seasonal information on snow and ice removal, call 614.410.4750.
In accordance with Ohio law, the City of Dublin recognizes the following snow emergency classifications as issued by Franklin, Delaware and Union counties:
- Level 1 – Conditions are hazardous, motorists should drive carefully.
- Level 2 – Motorists should drive only when necessary
- Level 3 – Roads are closed to non-emergency travel. Police may arrest motorists who are on the road unnecessarily.
During a snow emergency, snow removal information can be obtained by calling Streets and Utilities at 614.410.4750.
Access to more snow and ice information than ever before
- Get up-to-the-minute information on which Dublin streets have been treated.
- Search the map by address to check recent activity on a specific street.
- Receive timely, weather-related messages.View on any device at anytime.