Work is underway on the U.S. 33/S.R. 161/Post Road interchange improvements!
- Reconstruction of both U.S. 33 bridges over Post Road/S.R. 161
- Bridge beam erection on Post Road/S.R. 161 under U.S. 33 May 1 through May 20.
- Traffic shifted onto the temporary pavement on U.S. 33 across S.R. 161 until October 2023
- R. 161 is reduced to one lane in both directions underneath U.S. 33 until June 2025
- The Post Road/S.R. 161 westbound ramp to U.S. 33 eastbound is closed through Fall 2023. Traffic will need to use the Eiterman Road roundabout to access the U.S. 33 eastbound ramp.
- The U.S. 33 eastbound slip ramp from S.R. 161 is closed, and the straight ramp has reopened.
- The U.S. 33 eastbound ramp to Post Road/S.R. 161 eastbound is closed through Fall 2023. Traffic will need to use the Eiterman Road roundabout to access Post Road/S.R. 161 eastbound.
- The outside lanes on Post Road/S.R. 161 are closed between Eiterman Road and Post Road for reconstruction and road widening. Two-way, one-lane traffic will be maintained at all times.
- Post Road/S.R. 161 will be closed at the U.S. 33 overpass from 10:30 p.m.-5 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 13, and Thursday, Sept. 14.
This rural interchange is at the center of substantial local and regional economic development, and the current configuration does not meet the diverse needs of this thriving area. A new design is being developed to address capacity and safety concerns.
These improvements are possible thanks to significant investments and project development assistance from the City of Dublin, Union County, the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC).
*This project is led by the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT). Questions concerning project development can be addressed to Hannah Salem, ODOT D6 PIO, at 740.833.8220 or Hannah.Salem@dot.ohio.gov. Details of this project can also be found on the ODOT webpage.
A public meeting was held on Tuesday, May 17, 2022, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. regarding upcoming improvements to the U.S. 33/ S.R. 161/Post Road Interchange, as well as Hyland Croy Road improvements and Hyland Glen development. Watch the presentation | Download the slides
The City of Dublin held a virtual public meeting regarding upcoming improvements to the U.S. 33/ S.R. 161/Post Road interchange on August 25, 2020.
The purpose of the virtual public meeting was to explain the overall project, share the design and potential impacts, receive your comments and answer your questions.