The Columbus Metropolitan Library Dublin Branch, parking garage and street network projects are progressing as scheduled.
Here are the traffic impacts scheduled for the week of October 22:
- Rock Cress Parkway will be closed for approximately four weeks. North Street is available as an alternate route.
- North Street will be closed intermittently east of North High Street. The parking lot located behind the North High Street businesses will remain open and drivers will be able to access it from North Riverview Street.
- North Riverview street will be closed on October 24, 2018, from 5 p.m. to midnight, for the first bridge deck pour. North Street will be open during this time period.
- The parking spaces on the west side of High Street, north of North Street, are closed for approximately six weeks.
- There will be lane restrictions on North Street and High Street between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for utility work. (link to – https://dublinohiousa.gov/newsroom/north-high-street-utility-work/ )
North Street west of High Street is open as of August 13, 2108. A few unfinished sections remain, as there is still utility work to be completed over the next few weeks. During that utility work, there will be some lane restrictions on North Street, but flaggers will be on site to maintain two-way traffic.
Fall 2018 – Summer 2019
- Construction activity includes:
- Construction of North Franklin Street
- Library construction
- Parking garage construction
- North High Street is expected to remain open for the remainder of the project. There will be overnight lane restrictions for paving tentatively in late October. These restrictions will take place between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. The exact date has not yet been determined. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- North Street west of High Street will be open except for brief lane restrictions.
- North Street east of High Street is expected to be closed the week of October 8.
- Rock Cress Parkway will be closed beginning October 15 for approximately four weeks as crews tie it in with the new North Franklin Street. North Street will be open and available as an alternate route.
- Public access will be maintained to the City’s Darby Street and Indian Run parking lots at all times.
- Parking spaces on the west side of High Street, north of North Street, are expected to be closed in October and November 2018, reopening in December for the remainder of construction. These spaces are scheduled to close the week of October 8.
*Timeline is subject to change (Updated 10.5.18)
Improvements Completed in 2017
- Relocation and replacement of a substandard waterline that services more than half of Dublin’s population
- Construction of infrastructure for the relocation of overhead utilities underground to improve reliability and aesthetics
- Addition of fiber to enhance capabilities for local businesses and promote economic development
- Addition of parking to the area to accommodate future development, including the planned library expansion and renovation
- New sidewalk on east side of North High Street connecting the Historic District to the future riverfront park
- Replacement of recreation path on west side of North High Street
- Aesthetic improvements, including landscaped median, street trees, grates and lighting featuring Historic District character
- Granite curb and Historic District standard brick paver sidewalk
- Addition of dedicated bicycle lane as part of a future cycle track through the Bridge Street District
- Complete – In 2016, a retaining wall was built on the east side of North High Street in preparation for the widening project and other improvements.
Open for Business