The University Boulevard Phase 2 project is underway, with installation of public roadway, new concrete curb and traffic signal upgrade. Completion of this project is expected in January 2023. Currently, the project is working on the re-alignment of Shier Rings Road between Eiterman Road and Avery Road, creating University Boulevard. Construction is also in process for a roundabout intersection at Eiterman Road and a new traffic signal installation at Avery Road/Shier Rings Road.
- New traffic signal was activated at Avery Road and Shier Rings Road
- Ongoing restoration work
- Lane closures along the median splitter islands and curb lanes for restoration work
- May 2023
This project includes the installation of a public roadway, new concrete curb and traffic signal upgrade; a new section of University Boulevard, which will primarily serve the OSU Wexner Medical Center Ambulatory Care and Outpatient Center in Dublin; shared-use path along the new roadway; widening of a section of Shier Rings Road between Avery Road and the east end of the new University Boulevard; and Avery Road/Shier Rings Road intersection improvements.
A tentative timeline and schedule follows:
- Tree removal/site preparation – completed by March 31, 2021
- Sanitary sewer installation – portion that will serve the medical facility to be completed by July 2021
- Water main installation and activation – completed Aug. 2021
- University Boulevard and widened Shier Rings Road – open to traffic by May 2022
- Avery Road/Shier Rings Road signal improvements – operational Nov. 2022
- Final completion in January 2023
Schedules are subject to change. Any traffic impacts will be communicated ahead of time via this webpage and the City’s social media platforms, including Nextdoor.
On November 4, 2019, City Council approved a rezoning of an approximately 34-acre site from Research/Office District to allow the specialized needs of the proposed Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. The approval of the rezoning included a medical campus and a medical office building (±160,000 square feet) and an ambulatory care facility (±115,000 square feet) as well as all associated site improvements for this first phase.
Future phases of development are anticipated, with the scope and timing yet to be determined. Application materials are available on the City website at dublinohiousa.gov/pzc/19-055/.