Thank you to everyone who attended the spring Document Destruction Day! The City recorded 368 cars and 9.7 tons of shredded paper and 125 pounds of hard drives were collected and diverted from the landfill.
The City of Dublin will host the popular Document Destruction Day events again in fall 2022. Save this date!
- Oct. 8
9 a.m. to noon
Fleet Complex, 6351 Shier Rings Road
Acceptable items for destruction:
- Paper documents
- Paper receipts
- Paper mail
- File folders
- Hard drives
Other things to note:
- There will be one on-site shredding truck and one off-site shredding truck. The material in the off-site shredding truck will be securely transported to an off-site shredding facility.
- Staple and binder clips are okay, but remove everything from 3 ring binders, padfolios, and plastic or vinyl folders.
- Photographs cannot be accepted because they contain chemicals that interfere with the paper fibers during the shredding and recycling process.
- For those who have electronics, such as laptops, to dispose of, please check out our weekly e-waste recycling program.
Protocols have been developed in partnership with Franklin County Public Health to ensure the safety of all participants and workers.
Here are some guidelines for attending City shredding events:
- Residents may bring up to five standard-sized file boxes or containers per vehicle.
- Boxes or containers should be placed in the trunk (preferred) or back of the vehicle for easy access and limited contact.
- Boxes should not be sealed or taped.
- File boxes are preferred, but garbage bags will be accepted.
- Staff will remove the containers.
- Residents should remain in their vehicles at all times.
There is no fee for this service.
Should you have any questions, you may contact City of Dublin Public Information Officer Shirley Blaine at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 614.410.4523.